RIDER REGISTRATION FORM
Prior to attending Ballawhetstone Stables for lessons all riders must complete the rider registration form below.
By completing the following registration form all riders agree to comply with the following Riders Code of Conduct:
Riders Code of Conduct
• I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
• I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
• I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors at the riding school.
• I understand that wearing an appropriate standard riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whist riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
• I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
My abilities and riding experience, any previous riding accidents and any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
• I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
• I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational reasons.
• I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience and not enter.
Covid-19 Specific rules June 2022
• I confirm I will follow all government guidance in relation to self isolation should myself or a family member become ill.
• I confirm I have been social distancing in line with government guidelines.
• I confirm I will follow all instructions provided by Isle of Man Government in relation to hand washing, P.P.E and social distance whilst at the yard.
Those visiting the stables for either lessons or as chaperones are expected to be dressed appropriately at all times.
Riders must wear suitable hard hats (to current BHS standards)
By taking part in riding activities you understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whist riding.
The rider understands that it is recommended to wear a hat when leading and grooming horses at the riding school. Riders understand it is a choice whether or not to wear a body protector. Under 14s must wear a hat on the main yard at all times.
Suitable footwear must be worn; footwear must have a smooth sole & defined heel. Shoes with buckles, platform or ribbed soles or high heels will not be permitted. It is advisable to wear gloves when riding and leading horses. Hard hat can be hired at a small charge. Regular clients are expected wear correct riding attire. Jewellery should not be worn when riding or handling horses or in situations when they can be caught and cause injuries.
Terms and Conditions
WEATHER We expect to ride in most conditions and appropriate clothing should be worn.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
For individually booked lessons and sessions there is a 24 hour cancellation notice policy. For any courses this is at the discretion of the management.
THE SMALL PRINT
By submitting a riders registration for you are agreeing that you have read the Horse Riders’ Code of Conduct. I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk that I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk and agree that the riding school will not be liable for injury or damage to property unless it is caused by their negligence.
Where I am signing on behalf of a minor, I have explained the Riders’ Code of Conduct to my child and we both accept the risk and agree that the riding school will not be liable for injury or damage to property unless it is caused by their negligence.
I agree to be contacted by Ballawhetstone Stables by Email, Text Message or Telephone regarding any Riding related issues.
I agree to Ballawhetstone Stables Terms and Conditions (A copy of which is available upon request)
Data Protection Act 2018: Statement: I understand that the information I have given will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 but may also be made available to insurers and other concerned parties in the event of any injury or accident.
In order to comply with the GDPR regulations, we are required to hold the information we have requested for 10 years. The data is not disclosed to any other parties.
BALLAWHETSTONE STABLES POLICIES
Files for Download
RIDER CODE OF CONDUCT
All riders agree to adhere to the rider code of conduct.
Download a copy of our rider code of conduct here
PRINTABLE RIDER REGISTRATION FORM
This rider registration form can be used if you are having trouble completing the online form above.
The form will need to be printed and brought with you before your first lesson